Lateral Patrol Deputy
About the Office
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office offers an opportunity to be a part of one of the most distinguished group of professionals in the country. Douglas County Sheriff's Patrol Division has the responsibility of patrolling 5,071 square miles from the Oregon Coast to the Cascade Mountain Range. In addition, applicants interested in working as a Corrections Deputy have the opportunity to work in a Corrections Facility that houses over 288 local, state, and federal inmates.
We are looking for applicants in both the patrol and corrections disciplines that possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills. We are looking for applicants who want to be leaders in their communities and whose integrity is beyond reproach.
Applicants must have a respect for those around them, and must be able to earn the respect of those that they serve. Our standards are high and our recruitment process is thorough, but for those applicants that become a part of our agency, the rewards of serving our community are numerous.
If you are interested in joining our reserve deputy program, please visit the Reserve Program page.
Why Work for Us?
We know that community support is of the utmost importance for a successful agency. We want deputies who have the same drive and interest in maintaining that support. We are here to serve the people that we are neighbors with and people that otherwise participate in our day-to-day activities.
We are committed to building and maintaining a strong department that has the maturity and vision to recognize that public safety is a partnership with our citizens. We are engaged with the schools. Our deputies read to the students, interact with the students, and talk to them about the dangers of drugs, peer pressure, and the many things that children today deal with.
We partner with the organizations that you and your family are a part of. We encourage our employees to participate in fundraisers that are important to the well being of the community.
You will have pride knowing that you are a part of what makes Douglas County such a great place to live. You are a part of a team of professionals who protect and give to their community.
The heart of our agency is a team of professionals that have the discipline, drive, integrity, maturity and leadership skills required to provide a very demanding level of service to the people, with an extraordinary level of professionalism. We are looking for candidates who possess these traits. If you are that person, please contact our agency for information on where to apply.
Douglas County Pay & Benefits
- Patrol Deputy - Entry level - $25.63 per hour up to $32.73 per hour
- Patrol Deputy - Lateral - $27.51 up to $32.73 per hour - D.O.E.
- Corrections Deputy- Entry level - $24.88 per hour up to $32.73 per hour
- Corrections Deputy - Lateral - $27.51 up to $32.73 per hour - D.O.E.
- All uniforms, gear, and safety equipment supplied by the County
- County paid dental insurance (dependents included)
- County paid Health Savings Account
- County paid life and disability insurance
- County paid medical insurance (dependents included).
- County paid P.E.R.S. (retirement)
- County paid vision insurance (dependents included)
- Laterals receive 40 hours sick leave and 40 hours vacation leave upon hire
Additional Benefits Available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee paid Douglas County Law Enforcement Association membership
- Employee paid pre-tax medical flexible spending account
- Limited tuition reimbursement program
- Optional employee paid deferred compensation program
Additional Pay Incentives
- Advanced Certification - 8%
- Associates Degree - 1%
- Bachelors or Above - 2%
- Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team (D.I.N.T.)
- Field Training Officer
- Intermediate Certification - 4%
- K9 Handler
- 10 years - 2%
- 15 years - 3%
- 20 years - 4%