Date/Time of Release: 02/08/2013 - 08:45
Contact Person: Dwes Hutson
Contact Number: 541-440-4464
Subject: Canyonville Man Arrested After Search
Date/Time of Incident: 02/07/2013 - 09:00
Incident Location: 320 Moonlight Lane, Canyonville, Oregon
Case Number: 13-532
Arrested: Hawkins, Jerry Lee / 47 yoa / Canyonville, OR
Arrested: Weckerle, Timothy Richard / 41 yoa / Canyonville, OR
On Thursday, February 7th, 2012, the Sheriff's Office served a search warrant at 320 Moonlight Lane, Canyonville, in regards to an ongoing burglary investigation.
During the search, Sheriff's Deputies, Detectives and DINT Investigators located the following items:
* Two stolen vehicles
* Pieces of a third stolen vehicle
* Several stolen license plates
* A drift boat that had all identifying numbers destroyed
* Scales, syringes, one marijuana plant and two meth pipes
* Several blasting caps and two pipe bombs
The Oregon State Police Bomb Squad responded to the scene and disposed of the explosive devices.
The homeowner, Jerry Hawkins, was arrested and lodged in the county jail on multiple charges including:
* Manufacturing & Possession of an Explosive Device
* First Degree Theft by Possession (4 counts)
* Unlawful Use of a Motor Vehicle (4 counts)
* Possession and Manufacturing of Marijuana
* Possession of Methamphetamine
During the search, Timothy Weckerle was found hiding in the brush outside the residence. Weckerle was arrested and lodged in the county jail on two warrants charging him with Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine and Felon in Possession of a Firearm.
Photos of Hawkins and Weckerle will be attached to this release at http://dcso.com/media_N.asp .