Concealed Handgun Licenses
Concealed Handgun License Unit
Contact us at (541) 957-2021
The Sheriff's Office issues concealed handgun licenses for the residents of Douglas County. Each new applicant fills out an application, is fingerprinted, photographed and an extensive criminal, civil, and mental health background check is conducted. Renewals go through the same procedure, except for the fingerprints.
Applications are taken by appointment only and are scheduled for Monday - Thursdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm in Room 210 of the Sheriff's Office.
To qualify for a concealed handgun license, all applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a US citizen or meet Immigration and Naturalization requirements
- Be a resident of Douglas County Oregon
- Never have been convicted of a felony
- Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor in the last four years
- Have no outstanding warrants, or free on any form of pretrial release
- Have never been committed to the Mental Health and Developmental Disability Services Division, or have been found to be mentally ill and subject to an order prohibiting purchasing or possessing firearms because of mental illness.
- Provide written documentation from a firearms safety course utilizing instructors certified by the NRA or a law enforcement agency or participation in the military service with handgun training indicated.
- Pass a background check
- Not be subject to a citation or an order for stalking or an order issued under the Family Abuse Prevention Act.
- Never been convicted of any Domestic Assault, Battery, or any other Domestic Misdemeanor that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under Federal Law.
At the time of application the following must be presented:
Completed application, proof of competency with a handgun, two types of identification, and the appropriate fees.
Two forms of ID are required, one of which must be a photo ID. Types of ID that are acceptable include:
- A valid US Passport
- Certificate of Citizenship
- FFS240 (Foreign Service Document) issued at birth
- US Birth Certificate
- Original Naturalized Citizenship Certificate
- A valid drivers license or state issued ID card.
Douglas County Sheriffs Office
(This amount includes a fingerprint processing fee)
$50.00 Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Address Change: $15.00 Douglas County Sheriff's Office
These fees are non-refundable and cover the cost of the background investigation and processing required by law.
Upon completion of the required research, the application will be submitted to the Sheriff for final approval. Upon approval, the completed permit will be mailed to the applicant.
Permits are valid in the state of Oregon and are good for four years from the date of issuance. Renewals are the permit holder's responsibility, as we do not send out renewal notices.
Applications may be downloaded by clicking on the application link below or they can be picked up any time at the Sheriff's Office in Roseburg or at our substation in Reedsport Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 PM.
For more information call (541) 957-2021 or 1-800-331-6848 ext. 2021 Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.