State law requires every person owning or keeping a dog must purchase a county dog license when the dog is six months of age or grows its permanent canine teeth, which ever comes first, OR within 30 days of becoming owner or keeper, OR within 30 days of moving into the county.
Up to a three year license is available for purchase, based on the rabies expiration.
You are given until the last day of the month, that the license expires, for renewal without a late penalty.
- Altered $6.00
- Unaltered $25.00
- Late Fee $2.00 Under 30 Days
- Late Fee $5.00 Over 30 Days
For altered dogs, you must have a SPAY OR NEUTER CERTIFICATE with a complete description of the dog to obtain the discounted license rate for altered dogs.
You must have a valid RABIES INOCULATION CERTIFICATE issued and signed by the veterinarian at the time of licensing. The dog license will expire when the rabies certificate expires if licensing is less than one year.
You may also fax your proof of Rabies to (541) 440-4470 and we can charge your VISA or Master Card by phone.
There are other reasons to purchase and have your dog wear a license!
- A lost dog and its owner can be identified by the license tag, eliminating searches, newspaper ads, etc.
- You will be notified immediately if your dog should be impounded.
- A dog wearing a current license would receive emergency medical care if injured and/or impounded.
DOG LICENSES ARE AVAILABLE AT:
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office – (541) 440-4328
Justice Building Room 210
- Sutherlin Police Department – (541) 459-2211
126 E Central Avenue
- Myrtle Creek Police Department – (541) 863-5222
215 NW Pleasant Street
Myrtle Creek, OR
- Winston Police Department – (541) 679-8706
201 NW Douglas Boulevard
- Glendale City Hall – (541) 832-2106
124 Third Street
- Bailey’s Veterinary Clinic – (541) 673-4403
248 NW Garden Valley Boulevard
- Companion Animal Clinic – (541) 673-1345
736 W Military Avenue
- Countryside Veterinary Service – (541) 825-3399
221 Half Circle Lane
Days Creek, OR
- Oakland Veterinary Hospital – (541) 459-1854
204 NE First Street
- Parkway Animal Hospital – (541) 672-1621
2655 NW Edenbower Boulevard
- River Forks Veterinary Service – (541) 530-6683
529 Oakview Drive
- Calapooia Veterinary Center – (541) 459-0900
835 S. Calapooia Street
- * Saving Grace Animal Shelter – (541) 672-3907
943 Del Rio Road
*only with the adoption of a dog